Performance Data 2016-2017

We are required to publish information on the school's performance in national tests. All of this information can be found below or you can view our data headlines document by clicking here.

EYFS

  • Pupils enter school well below age related expectations. Many children are not ‘school ready’.
  • Some good progress is made but gaps remain significant.
  • Good Level of Development this year (GLD) 63% compared to Cornwall 69% (indicative) and national 71% (indicative).
  • This is an increase of 16% on last year.

 

Year 1

  • 73% met the phonics screen standard.
  • This is an increase of 19%.
  • Cornwall indicative 79% and national indicative 81%.

 

KS1

  • KS1 Reading 40% met the expected level with a further 28% working in greater depth = Total 68%.
  • Cornwall indicative 74% and national indicative 76%.
  • Writing 45% met the expected level with a further 13% working in greater depth = Total 58%.
  • Cornwall indicative 65% and national indicative 68%.
  • Maths 25% met the expected level, 22% working at greater depth = Total 47%.
  • Cornwall indicative 72% and national indicative 75%.

 

KS2

  • Reading attainment: 48% met the expected standard with 19% reaching the ‘higher’ than expected = Total 67%.
  • Cornwall indicative 72% and national indicative 71%.
  • Writing attainment: 58% met the expected standard with 21% achieving ‘greater depth’ = Total 79%.
  • Cornwall indicative 76% and national indicative 76%.
  • Maths attainment: 69% met the expected standard with 10% reaching the ‘higher’ than expected = Total 79%.
  • Cornwall indicative 71% and national indicative 75%.
  • Combined RWM at expected 56%, greater depth 2% = Total 58%.
  • Cornwall indicative 59% and national indicative 61%

 

KS1-KS2 Progress Summary

  • Average reading progress +0.9 (good progress)
  • Average writing progress +3.8 (Outstanding)
  • Average maths progress +1.7 (significant progress)
  • Average scale score Reading 102, Writing 103, Maths 103

 

Contextual information

In our school 29% of children (115) live in the 0-10% most deprived in England - this is the highest % in our school. A further 12% live in the 10-20% most deprived.

 

What we do well!

  • Increase in EYFS results by 16%
  • Increase in Year 1 phonics results by 19%
  • By the end of KS2 pupils make good+ progress from their starting point
  • Writing KS2 attainment & progress  Maths KS2 attainment & progress
  • Pastoral care across the school
  • Broad, balanced & creative curriculum

 

To be improved

  • READING (inclu. Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar, vocabulary) and…
  • Writing and maths at KS1
  • Handwriting
  • Use of assessment to secure 85% ‘expected’ level
  • Use cross curricular evidence for assessment – writing
  • Precision teaching to identify gaps & target the needs of all pupils
  • Diminish the difference of Pupil Premium vs national other pupils

 

School Performance Tables

For a more-detailed breakdown of the school's data, please click the link below:

https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk